Non-supervisory rig-based offshore oil rig job drilling positions include positions such as floorman (entry-level), roustabout (Offshore entry-level), motorman and derrickman.
Job duties for offshore oil rig employment are rig up and down activities, general equipment operation, repairs and maintenance on rig components, assigned activities on the rig floor, mud-mixing, handling tubulars in the derrick, and other various duties as assigned.
- 18 years of age
- Must pass a post-offer physical examination
- Must have proper legal authorization to work in the country where the rig is operating
- Work assignments are generally 12 hours per day, for 14-28 consecutive days, followed by 14-28 days off
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out written or oral instructions and to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Basic ability to understand, speak, read, and write English
- Basic computer skills required
- Non-entry-level positions require a minimum of six months of prior drilling experience, as well as knowledge of procedures associated with drilling a well
- Prior mechanical equipment experience is preferred for motorman positions
For connections to more offshore oil rig job companies that are NOW HIRING, both in the US and overseas and for FREE information how you can get hired offshore, including entry level with no previous offshore experience, go to: OffshoreGuides.com