Heerema Heavy Lift is looing for a heavy lift crane operator to operate the cranes of the largest crane vessels in the world. The cranes on our vessels have a lifting capacity ranging from 3,000 to 7,100 ton.
You are charged with the mechanical operation of the crane, following instructions from a dedicated person on deck and monitoring the instruments in the operator’s cabin. Next to this you check and report regularly the mechanical functioning of the crane and machinery. Your other tasks are:
- To adhere to safe working practices at all times and ensure avoidance of hoisting over people, live pipelines and critical equipment such as Remote Operating Vehicles;
- To understand and strictly observe the emergency stop signs, radio and hand signals;
- To daily check for and report any defect or malfunction (such as splits in construction, corrosion and splits in paint, wires etc.) of the crane and its equipment;
- To monitor before lifting that lifts are properly hooked on and conditions are safe (e.g. no potential dropped objects);
- To assist in crane maintenance as instructed by the Assistant Chief Engineer Vessel and or Chief Electrician;
- To verify proper functioning of machinery and equipment and rectify if necessary;
- To assist with reeving activities;
- To validate proper choice of rigging and monitor position of hook related to the objects to be hoisted and rectify if necessary;
- To attend the general toolbox talk at start of shift (work permitting);
- To ensure a proper shift and job handover.
- MTS/MBO diploma;
- TCVT certificate or equivalent;
- A minimum of five years’ relevant experience on offshore cranes (>2000mt) floating;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- A technical background;
- A flexible attitude.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated
What we offer
- Modern and competitive package of employment benefits;
- Excellent secondary labor conditions, such as a bonus scheme, a pension scheme and various insurances;
- Challenging, substantive, varied work activities and the possibilities for personal development;
- Opportunities to develop your own initiatives and to work independently within a team of committed colleagues.
- Schedule: 5 Weeks on / 5 weeks off **